Sunday, May 27, 2007

Friday Night Football



Friday night was the last night game that the Freo Dockers will play at Subiaco Oval this year, so I took my camera to capture a moment to share with you. It was always going to be a quiet night as I was working overtime on Saturday from 7am to 3pm, and was on my second 6 day week and extremely tired, so there are no tales of drunken escapades at the footy.
Freo played St Kilda, an extremely injury riddled team in the AFL at the moment. I had tipped Freo to win, but as usual lacked any confidence in Freo winning. The only predictable thing about the Dockers is that are unpredictable!
I took my raincoat as the weathermen had predicted rain in the evening, and I also packed my gloves for when the temperature dropped. In typical fashion of me taking my raincoat - it failed to rain, and to add further insult the temperature never really dropped and I didn't use my gloves. It was almost too warm for my jacket, but I kept in on as I already had enough baggage with the raincoat and gloves in my lap, and the camera, oh and the radio etc etc.
Getting back to the footy, the game was fairly lack lustre. The Dockers didn't look convincing and the Saints were appalling and couldn't kick straight to save a life, especially Gehrig who I dislike with a passion and verbalised this quite frequently to Angie with comments about the way he walks like he has a carrot up his arse and how damn ugly he is. I would just like to add that ugly men should not play AFL football - it is not good for TV.
And the outcome of the game was a Freo win, 101 to 55. At least I have started the round with my first tip being right.
I want to put forward a theory I have on AFL games. That being the first to 100 point wins. Angie and I joke about this often and did on Friday night, but I think this theory is correct and would love to hear from others about this, especially of examples that buck this trend.
PS: Take note of the score in the photo - first to 100 wins!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Great photo!! Looks like you're right there on the ground too! I can't believe that that is the last home game for Freo. Far out!!! Unless they get a home final... David always says first to 100 wins too. Often seems to be correct too.

What's news on the promotion? Still waiting??