Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day 2007


For Mothers Day this year Bianca and I decided to take Mum out for breakfast, after the first idea of going to the zoo did not seem to appeal to Mum at all.
I managed to get a booking at La Tropicana Cafe at Cottesloe, however the time was for 8.00am as they were almost fully booked. Mum thought this might be too early for the kids, but we discovered it was a blessing instead. We all arrived in separate vehicles within 5 mins of each other and were able to easily get a parking space right near the cafe. Mum was most surprised that Atilla was joining us too. I gave Mum some flowers that I had picked up on the way and Bianca gave her a gift bag full of yummy soaps.
Kisses aside we ordered a big breakfast each, me no egg as usual, and Melissa ordered scrambled eggs on toast and Meagan a toasted bacon sandwich with tomato sauce. When the plates came out they were huge. We battled to eat it all including Atilla.
We then went for a quick walk along the path above the beach and watched the surfers. Despite threatening to rain the whole time it never did, but it was quite chilly with the breeze. If you ask me I think the surfers are mad and Atilla said that peeing in your wetsuit doesn't keep you warm long.
I think Mum had a lovely time as she had never been out for breakfast before. We have decided that we should do this more often as a family, so I look forward to that. I also look forward to it being slightly cheaper as all of the meals had been bumped up in price for Mothers Day.
Despite it being a fantastic morning and enjoying myself immensely with my family, there was a small part of my mind wondering whether I would ever get to celebrate Mothers Day myself. I really do hope so, but sometimes days like this really remind me of the ticking clock and my inability to find that Mr Right.

No comments: