Thursday, May 10, 2007

3 Dates in 21 Hours

The speed dating saga continues. I apologise for the delay, but I have been a busy girl as you may be able to tell from the title. Not a bad stat eh?
I finally rang back 3 out of the 5 guys as I didn't want to book myself up too much and quite frankly the idea of 5 dates in a week was overwhelming. Rick and Pete phoned again and I rang Graham. So heres how it went.............
Friday 4 May 2007 6.30pm
Met Graham at the Balmoral Hotel for dinner and drinks. Being a smart girl I drove in case it was a disaster. It all went well and instead of heading home at about 8.30pm to watch my beloved Blues on Friday night footy, I stayed out to about 10.30pm. Graham is funny and the conversation flowed. He is a lunatic Freo supporter, divorced, 2 kids and drives a 4WD. We agreed to catch up again.
Saturday 5 May 2007 11.00am
Met Pete at the Mends St Cafe for a coffee. The conversation flowed easily and we actually had 2 coffees. Pete works in the mining industry, was previously a fireman (I love firemen!!!!) and in the SAS. He is well travelled, educated and intelligent and I found the conversation very mentally stimulating if not some times intimidating as I have never dated an intelligent man. We also agreed to catch up again.
Saturday 5 May 2007 3.00pm
Met Rick at a cafe in Vic Park for a coffee. I got there first and when he arrived he wasn't who I thought he was, but that didn't matter. The conversation did not flow and after half an hour I was over it. I tried so hard by asking questions, but got closed answers. He has no real interests apart from his brothers and their families. This was tough going and I bailed after an hour. Despite how bad it was he thought it went well as he wanted to catch up for lunch the next day - I was suddenly really busy. I just just texted him today and told a white lie that I had met someone else and was pursuing that.

Graham made an appearance at the Balmoral on Sunday arvo whilst I was at my usual Sunday arvo bottle of wine with Pam. He still made me laugh, but he is not the brightest person I have met, but he is a real nice guy. Pam was smart and drove as she was doing her washing at the laundry mat, whilst I got blind and suffered a rotten hang over at work on Monday.

I still have to phone Stefano and Glen to catch up, but have felt a bit dated out, plus too many coffees from cafes gives me the jitters real bad. Keep watching as I will call them soon. I am trying to keep an open mind on all of this, but I think all these guys from speed dating are all too old for me. You all know that I am a cradle snatcher and some things just don't change!!!

No comments: