Saturday, June 23, 2007

I got a Dyson!!!

Who would have thought some one could get soooooo excited about a vacuum cleaner? Well guess who has???

I went to the Harvey Norman sale at the Convention Centre during my lunch break on Thursday and low and behold they were selling Dyson Vacuums (DC08 Origin) at just $399. I could hardly contain myself, but I did. I went back to work and phoned all the electrical retailers I could think of and none of them could match the price, apart from the Good Guys, who offered $398, but it had to be a cash payment and I had to show proof of the price. I didn't have proof, so I returned to the Convention Centre, purchased by new Dyson with an extended 4 year warranty, paid by credit and organised to pick it up on Friday!

I sent Pam and email about the great special as we had checked out the Dysons in Myers a couple of weeks ago. I thought she would never read it as she is on her holiday in Germany and Russia, but fate came into play and she did read it, and on Friday when I picked mine up I bought one for her.

I built it on Friday evening, but I haven't used it yet. It looks so clean and new that I don't want to get it dirty yet. I think I will use my old one tomorrow and then go over everything again with the Dyson to see what the old couldn't pick up. I have never been this keen to get out the vacuum cleaner. I am sure the novelty will wear off pretty soon!

So here is my new baby. Isn't she pretty and aren't I sad?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh man - that SUCKS!! lol

Seriously, I know it can be really exciting to get a new vacuum cleaner & actually look forward to vacuuming the floor, but doing it twice?? You've got it baaaad.

I hope she purrs like a kitten and sucks like a tornado!! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Looks neat, Rose! Vacuum cleaners are a mom's best friend. They make life easier. I just purchased a new one last week, but haven't used it yet. Testing the capabilities of both vacuums is a good idea. After all, not all vacuum cleaners are equally made. I have checked its specs before I bought it, but putting it to the test will help me learn its limits. We have 3 staircases at home and I think a canister is the type for me. I'm expecting it to last for years. How's your vacuum cleaner now? Is it still in good shape?

Deidra Schaefer