Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A week in Dunsborough

5th to 12th February 2007

Angela and I had a week booked in sunny Dunsborough and I can't begin to tell you how delightful and relaxing it was.

Work had been driving me crazy and I hadn't had been on annual leave for a year, so as this holiday approached I did my best to contain my excitement.

Angie was the designated driver for the holiday, as I had driven last year on our annual pilgrimage down south. Pam and Bradley would be joining us later in the week. We arrived at Geographe Cove Resort at about half three on Monday afternoon and boy what a surprise the place was. We stayed in a 3x2 house that was perfect with all the mod cons.

Angie and I settled in and had a few days before Pam and Bradley joined us on Thursday night. The weather was fantastic (30+) for a seaside holiday. Our house was just a walk through the complex to the beach - perfect! Angie and I were lucky enough to experience a few hours out on a boat checking out the coast with Barry (my work colleague) and his wife Carole. It was flat as and I didn't get sea sick at all, which is a small miracle in itself. We moored the boat and had a swim off the shore of a beautiful beach. The water was unfortunately cold in most parts, with a few warms spots, that Barry swears he was not responsible for. It was a lovely afternoon and made me wish that I owned a boat.

We were very well behaved and avoided the wineries until Pam's arrival. Angie and I had our usual trip to 'The Goose' restaurant in Busselton. Again a perfect meal overlooking the 2km jetty, however we bailed on dessert in favour of buying wine and a sweet sticky liqueur to drink back at our new home.

I think I will divide this holiday onto a couple of posts, so that I can add more photos and so that it is quick and easy to read for all. So in my next instalment - Pam and Bradley arrive!

No comments: