Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Week in Dunsborough Part 2


I am not sure this is going to turn out as I want but thought I was better trying to finish the Dunsborough trip, so apologies for the photo arrangements.
Pam and Bradley arrived on the Thursday night and rather late. I am amazed that they found us, but it helped that Angie drove to the town centre to meet them. The joys of mobile phones! Unfortunately the days are muddled in my head so I will just mention what we got up to.
We played Supa Golf one morning. The complex is new and located new the Chocolate Factory. As you can see I tried to play the part clothing wise, but failed substantially when it came to actually playing golf. Brad whooped us (he had had golf lessons previously), Pam came second and Angie and I came equal last. It was actually quite enjoyable, and I think we made a wise decision to just play 9 holes.
Second stop on this day was the Chocolate Factory and as usual I took handfuls (and more handfuls) of the free choc buds and taught Brad to do the same. Even grabbed my usual top up on the way out!! We had lunch at the Providore (new organic place), followed by visits to the deer farm (yummy - sorry Bambi), some wineries and the cheese factory. We also did wineries the following day, so I am not totally sure which day we went where. We also visited the Candy Cow and Brad got to go to the beach to go boogy boarding.
The beach was fantastic at Yallingup for Brad, apart from the first day boarding and his boardies fell down and he was rolling around the surf desperately trying to pull them up and not flash, whilst hid board floated away. I decided not to post that photo for Brad's sake and posted one of him clothed correctly.
The photo of Pam and Angela was taken at Laurence. It was the most fantastic winery I have been too. It seems fairly new and we only went there to take Karlene's advice to check out the toilets. Let me just say that the size of each cubicle was the size of a bathroom - amazing! The wine wasn't bad too.
Brad got over the wineries pretty quickly, but enjoyed the fact that most had dogs that you could pat and play with. I purchased only 9 bottles due to the fact I was stone cold broke, but Pam made up for all of us with 24 bottles!!!
Pam and Brad left on Sunday arvo and Angie I left on Monday morning. It was a fab holiday and I look forward to heading down there again as it is so relaxing.

No comments: