Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have made it to goal!

Monday the 7th Jan was my first day back at work in 2 weeks and was also the first weigh in for Weight Watchers (WW). I was really hoping that I had been able to maintain over the Christmas and New Year period. I had eaten well and drank copious amounts of wine, champagne and vodka, and failed to do any exercise (apart from some shopping).

My clothes certainly over the last 10-12 weeks have gotten baggier and I even had to go out and buy new cargo pants and 3/4 denim pants over the holiday season. I just had this horrible feeling that all the alcohol was going to bite. That and fact I ate fish and chips for lunch on New Years day.

I tentatively stood on the scales and was told well done you lost 0.8kg. That pushed my total loss to 5.4 kg, meaning I got a bookmark for my first 5kg and I reached my goal weight!!! At the meeting I got presented with a keyring and had to talk about my experience and changes I had made. All rather embarrassing as I am sure they all look at me like I don't need to lose weight.

Anyway, I just can't believe that I (the one who loves fatty snacks of shapes biscuits and chips and chocolate) has lost 5kg and dropped a size in clothing. I am now a size 10, but even had the pleasure of buying a size 8 skirt from Rockmans, but trust me it is incorrectly sized.

I have had numerous comments about the weight loss - mostly from the usual suspects (you know who you are), but I have also had comments from work colleagues (including some of the blokes) and some of my male friends. Thank you all for kind comments, they inspire me a bit more to keep at it and not pig out on that cake or chips. I am also feeling more confident and a bit sexy!

I will now be on a maintenance plan with WW, however I have spoken with my leader and have agreed that I will aim for a total of 7kg, maybe 8. That will make about a 10% loss. I don't want to look too skinny, but feel like 60kg would be a nice round number.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. I hope this inspires those of you who are currently on your own weight loss adventures. The journey continues..........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well done, Rose. That's fab news!!