Monday, December 10, 2007

Season 5 Final Poker Tournament




On Sunday the 9 December Pam and I attended the season 5 Grand Final for Poker at Fremantle Oval. This event catered for 200 pro-league players and 65 free-league players. The pros were playing for a first prize of $20,000. I qualified to play by being in the top 80 free-league players and Pam got in on standby.

It was a tough day especially for Pam who was massively hungover. I myself had not indulged so much as I wanted to have a clear mind at the game. It was a slow process to register and the game didn't start until 1pm despite us being there at 10.30am, so we went for food and some shopping.
As usual we ended up on separate tables, but we both managed to still be in the game after the first break (4 rounds of 15 mins). After the break both of us were pretty low on chips and after I had been moved to another table I ended up on the same table as Pam. We didn't last long after that. Not sure where Pam finished, but I was about 30th.
We went to leave and Frank stopped us and said we had to stay. I argued the point that I needed to get to the city before the shops shut at 5pm and that is when he said that he needed to present me an award. So to cut a long story short I was presented with the Rookie of Season 5. How embarrassing having to collect my award from Frank who was on a stage, whilst he bragged about how I had placed six times at final table and that I had an average score that most players would be envious of (396). Hmmmmm, but I have scanned my award for all to see as secretly I am a bit proud. Still think I am crap at poker, but will be looking for an improvement next season, which starts on 13 Jan 2008 (for anyone who wants to come along - as Pam and I will help you).
Just quickly want to add that although I had the day off today to get my hair done, I did pop into work for my weight watchers weigh in. OMG!!!!! I lost 1.8 kg this week!!! I have no idea how as I had a work Xmas do on Friday and drank heaps on Sat too. I now only have 100g to hit my goal weight. My next target will be 10% body weight loss as I tried the size down in my work pants and they were just a little too tight.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay & Yay!! :)

Lovely to hear your weight loss!! You're doing fantastically well. Keep it up until you're happy with yourself.

I think we're officially too scared to invite you over for a poker night now. You might have to play croupier.

Unknown said...

Well done on the award and the weight loss. You must be chuffed to bits.