Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quick update

Just a quick update on my world seeing as though it is 10.35pm and getting to my bed time. I have also just started reading the last Harry Potter (at last) and want to get a few chapters in.

Where to start...... I went for my regular blood donation today, but it didn't go as expected. My haemoglobin level was right on the lowest acceptable level of 120, which disappointed me a bit as I have always had good levels. I got the experienced nurse as my veins are crap. Basically they are small, hard to find and tend to collapse if they don't get me on the first go. All was going ok as I joked about trying to beat my last donation time of 5 min 22 sec. She was impressed and said lots of people did this, but they have upgraded their machines and she said peoples times had slowed down. She got the needle in and then the machine wasn't setting up correctly, so she asked for help from some one else. This new person said not to worry - why ........ the vein was pierce (or what ever) and no blood was coming out, but it was filling my arm instead. I have never heard any one apologise so much. I bled a bit and they gave me a bruise cream (to take home) and an icepack. Still got my snacks, which I ate as I felt sorry for myself, then felt guilty about the weight watchers points. (They added up to 7.5 points!!!!!!)

So aquaerobics was out completed as advised by the nurse. Pam and Bradley still came for dinner, which was yummy Thai Chicken with red capsicum and bok choy. At least I had heaps more time to prepare and cook. We played scrabble and Brad beat us convincingly. Took my bandage off my (attempted) donation arm and it started bleeding again, so the bandage was put back on. Its a bit sore, but manageable.

I also have a new housemate called Aaron. He moved in on Sunday. He is a 32 year old pilot. Seems like a nice guy - very quiet, but I am sure we will talk more once we get to know each other. Guess we are still getting used to each other, plus he has just moved out of a house with 4 people to just me, so he is enjoying the peace and quiet. I will give more details about this later.

Work is still crap and stressing me out, but at least I am being paid. Don't feel like talking about it now, so more to come later too. Actually I am tired now so might head to bed. At least a short crappy post is better than no post!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to have a catch up on you Rose. Sorry to hear that your new job is a bit crap. What's happening with it? Extra pressure? Also sorry to hear about the blood transfusion. Really impressed you've done it all these years - hope the mistake doesn't put you off.