Monday, November 12, 2007

Half way to my goal

I have been sick and tired of slowly gaining weight - you know what I mean - the slow creep, so that your clothes get tighter and tighter and eventually you have to buy bigger clothes.

So I have taken the plunge and decided it is time for a life style change. I joined weight watchers (at work) 5 weeks ago and have been taking an aquaerobics class at least once a week. Despite an initial set back, being what I have I let myself into, I have adjusted quite well. That first week brought the realisation of the crap I was eating, and the strong sense I would never be able to eat these things again. However I have learnt it is about moderation..... and point counting! Yes, my cupboard is still half full of crappy food, but I am damned if I am throwing it away and will work on eating it bit by bit. Kinda like rations, but yummy ones!

I have splurged, what with a Melbourne Cup lunch and numerous nights on the grog, but I am learning how to deal with this and adjust the week to save those damn points for those crappy food days. I have changed from Coke to Diet Coke (which surprised me how easy it was) and instead of shapes biscuits when I come home it is celery & carrot sticks with a tablespoon of lite french onion dip. I have also gone back to cooking some basis meals (meat and vegies) which are soooooo yummy after not having them for a while.

The aqua classes are a hoot. I go with Pam and my mum every Wednesday and sometimes Pam and I go on a Friday too. I think I am getting better at it and my mum just cracks me up with her dancing in the pool! The good thing is Pam used to teach so she gets me on the right track in order to get the maximum work out.

So the big question is ...................... is it working?

YES!

My plan was to loose 5 kilos (this may increase depending what I look like when I get there). Today I got weighed and I am at the half way mark. I can't believe I have lost 2.5 kilos! My work pants are getting baggy, which is a bummer as I just bought all new pants. Oh well, better off being healthier than have nice fitting pants.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

WooHoo Rose!! Well done!! You're such an inspiration to me. I wish I'd started when I still had only a little to lose. But your determination is what set me on the path for weight loss. You sound very focused and determined, so KEEP IT UP!!