Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Local Pub Experience

Last night I went out with my sister to her local pub... Hmmmmm.... that was different. She was going there as some of her work mates were going as one of them was singing in a band there. Where to start......

I got to Bianca's house and still had to straighten my hair and put on my make-up. Then a couple of Attila's work friends showed up as they were going too. Attila took the kids to his mum's and we went with Attila's work mates, who are a couple of 20 year old girls. The ride to the pub was interesting to say the least, with me feeling like a nanna in a "P" plated car and the stereo blasting (I recalled memories of doing this), but found the whole experience too loud, feeling scared of the driver's driving and basically feeling like a complete twat.

The pub is literally a local - quite a dive and full of unsavoury types. There were bikies with lots of tatts, 18 year olds off their faces, sleazy old men and the occasional smell of pot in the beer garden. We even arrived while the skimpies were still on. Nothing quite like ordering a drink from a girl dressed in a piece of dental floss. It was all class!!!!

The band was not bad, consisting of 3 guys, being a drummer, and 2 guitarists. They played easy listening music and Bianca's work mate (nicknamed Princess) sang quite well. I must admit that he will not live it down at work after singing Brittany Spear's Hit me One More Time. That was a crack up!

It was an ok night and best of all Bianca made me cheese on toast when we got home! However I prefer my locals to hers - Sorry Bianca!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Ha ha - sounds like a fun night out. lol Glad you can see the funny side of it. Where was it you went? I hope it was the Kardinya as that's where we're going with the Kindy Mums in a couple of weeks.