Saturday, August 18, 2007

The computer is back

Finally I have the computer back!!!
A couple of weeks ago my housemate Neil told me the computer would not connect to the net. When I checked it out and couldn't get it to work I rang my provider (Iinet) and after much discussion and clicking around on stuff as advised (I have no idea what I was being told and considering it involved MSDOS stuff I was was clueless) it started to work. However I was advised by the iinet guy that he thought I might have a virus.
The next day it wouldn't work again. ARGH!! So I phoned dear Mikey and organised for him to have a look at it for me. I dropped the computer off at Ashley's place on Sat (4th Aug) as I was there for dinner. After hearing nothing I sent a text to Mikey on Wed 15th Aug. Mikey got back to me Friday and said that he couldn't find anything wrong with it and thinks it might be the modem.
So here I am connected to the net, no problems (YET) and finally able to pay my bills on line (thanks Pam for letting me borrow your computer). I didn't realise how much I used the damn thing and how frustrating it was not to have it.
Lots has gone on in the past couple of weeks and I will add other posts over the next few days telling all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice to see you back Rose. I may not always post a comment, but I always read your blog.